The Center for Teaching and Learning at Washington University in St. Louis is currently seeking a talented individual to fill the role of Assistant Director for Educational Technology. The Assistant Director for Educational Technology is responsible for the direct advisement of instructors and departments in effective use of technologies in teaching and learning. The successful candidate will support faculty, postdocs, and graduate students in implementing effective and innovative uses of technology in their pedagogy that advance the teaching and learning mission of Washington University.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works in collaboration with CTL’s Educational Development staff to develop and deliver effective, evidence-based programming focused on educational technology that supports the teaching and learning mission of the university.
- Supports the development, establishment, and evaluation of university-wide teaching initiatives with evidence-based recommendations.
- Researches, develops, and provides centralized training and customizable resources on best practices for using technology in teaching. Works with Assistant Director of Assessment to develop tools to measure effective usage of EdTech tools in teaching.
- Provides training, consultations and pedagogic support for the use of the university-supported learning management system, video conferencing platforms, and other university-supported EdTech tools. Plans, creates, and disseminates training resources using multimedia authoring tools. Researches current trends in emerging educational technology.
- Engages in professional development and conducts research, presents, or publishes on best practices in implementing EdTech in college teaching and effective and innovative practices for supporting faculty in teaching with technologies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree and at least five years of experience in higher education.
- Experience conducting pedagogically-based faculty development training.
- Experience designing and delivering educational development programming, specifically in higher education.
- Teaching experience as a faculty or staff member (part-time) in the higher education environment.
- Formal training in instructional design.
- Experience teaching with Learning Management Systems and video conferencing platforms.
- Experience working with faculty to develop effective remote learning for a variety of courses.
- Competency in creating video-based and written pedagogical guidance resources.
- Doctoral degree and teaching experience as a faculty member (full-time) in higher education.
- Experience with online, hybrid, and/or hyflex modes of instruction.
- Experience in a research university.
- Expertise in inclusive course design and instructional practices.
- Experience teaching with Learning Management System.
- Experience with lecture capture, assessment platforms, and survey technologies.
- Knowledge of instructional design methodologies.
- Working knowledge of accessibility standards and UDL principles as they pertain to teaching and learning.
- Demonstrated record of developing and managing innovative and effective teaching and learning technology services for a diverse community of learners.
- An understanding of current and emerging technologies to advance collaboration, exploration, and discovery across academic disciplines, with significant experience leveraging these opportunities for practical and measurable gains in teaching and learning.
- Excellent attention to detail and verbal, written, presentation skills.
- Teaching experience in higher education.
- Formal training in instructional design, remote teaching experience, experience with Learning Management Systems.
The hiring range for this position is $52,942 - $68,815 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply: jobs.wustl.edu
Job ID: 49303