Requisition Number: 5411BR
School/Department: Applied Statistics - School of Mathematical Science
College : College of Science
Faculty Rank : Assistant or Associate Professor
Tenure Status: Tenure-Track
Anticipated Start Date: Aug 2021
View the complete job description online: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWEbHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25483&siteid=5291&AReq=5411BR
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Programs in Applied Statistical Sciences within the School of Mathematical Sciences at Rochester Institute of Technology invite applications for one or more tenure-track positions in Statistics at the Assistant Professor level starting August 11th, 2021.
Position Title: Applied Statistics, Assistant or Associate Professor(s), Tenure-Track
The Programs in Applied Statistical Sciences includes all traditional areas of statistics as well as statistical aspects of recently developing interdisciplinary fields such as Data Mining, Data Science, and Analytics. The programs include a BS in Applied Statistics and Actuarial Science, an MS in Applied Statistics, a PhD. in Mathematical Modelling, and two advanced certificates. The strategic plan for the Program includes development of a doctoral degree in Applied Statistics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage in original research and scholarly activities that support the vision and mission of the Programs
- Seek competitive external funding
- Teach on-campus and online undergraduate and graduate courses
- Contribute to development of new academic programs
- Advise, mentor and supervise undergraduate and graduate students’ research
We are seeking an individual who has the ability and interest in contributing to a community committed to student centeredness; professional development and scholarship; integrity and ethics; respect, diversity and pluralism; innovation and flexibility; and teamwork and collaboration. We are seeking individuals who are committed to RIT’s core values, honor code, and statement of diversity.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY:
Founded in 1829, Rochester Institute of Technology is a diverse and collaborative community of engaged, socially conscious, and intellectually curious minds. Through creativity and innovation, and an intentional blending of technology, the arts and design, we provide exceptional individuals with a wide range of academic opportunities, including a leading research program and an internationally recognized education for deaf and hard-of-hearing students. Beyond our main campus in Rochester, New York, RIT has international campuses in China, Croatia, Dubai, and Kosovo. And with more than 19,000 students and more than 125,000 graduates from all 50 states and over 100 nations, RIT is driving progress in industries and communities around the world. Find out more at www.rit.edu.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- PhD. in Statistics, or a closely related field, with all requirements for degree completed before start date
- Potential for successful college teaching, demonstrated through teaching experience (may include TA experience and activities that address commitment to undergraduate and graduate education)
- Potential for scholarly research, demonstrated through research experience, publications and conference presentations, and potential to collaborate with RIT and non-RIT faculty
- Potential to mentor and support undergraduate and graduate students in research
Although candidates with expertise in any area of statistics are encouraged to apply, preference will be given to applicants with research interests in engineering/industrial statistics and/or biostatistics/epidemiology. Review of applications will begin immediately and as we are looking to fill multiple positions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at http://careers.rit.edu/faculty. Search: 5411BR. Please submit your online application; cover letter addressing the required qualifications; curriculum vitae; and the upload the following attachments:
- Description of research plans that also addresses efforts and/or plans to obtain external funding, potential to collaborate with RIT and non-RIT faculty, and commitment to mentoring undergraduate and graduate students in research.
- Statement of teaching philosophy and any experience that also addresses commitment to undergraduate and graduate education.
- Contribution to diversity statement.
- Three letters of reference will be required further along in the process
Questions may be directed to: Rob Parodyemail@example.com
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a suitable candidate is found.
The hiring process for this position may require a criminal background check and/or motor vehicle records check. Any verbal or written offer made is contingent on satisfactory results, as determined by Human Resources. RIT does not discriminate. RIT promotes and values diversity, pluralism and inclusion in the work place. RIT provides equal opportunity to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, marital status, sex, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, veteran status or disability in its hiring, admissions, educational programs and activities. RIT provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities under the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the New York Human Rights Law, or similar applicable law. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to your application for employment at RIT, please contact the Human Resources office at 585-475-2424 or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.