DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Department of Computer Science at the Rochester Institute of Technology invites applications for a full-time tenure-track assistant professor position in the area of computer vision.
Successful applicants are expected to contribute to the scholarship of the department and college through externally funded research and through teaching and mentoring of BS, MS, and PhD students.
We are seeking individuals with an ability and interest in contributing to a community committed to student centeredness; professional development and scholarship; integrity and ethics; respect, diversity and pluralism; innovation and flexibility; and teamwork and collaboration.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- PhD in computer science or closely related discipline by the date of appointment.
- Ongoing strong publication record and potential for obtaining external funding in computer vision.
- Commitment to and experience in teaching and mentoring BS, MS, and PhD students in computer science.
- Ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the RIT’s continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual differences.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at: https://careers.rit.edu/faculty- Keyword Search: 7235BR. Please submit your online application; a cover letter addressing the required qualifications for this position; curriculum vitae; and upload the following attachments:
- Research statement.
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy.
- Contribution to Diversity statement.
- The names and contact information of three references.
You can contact the search committee with questions on the position at: firstname.lastname@example.org. For guaranteed consideration, candidates should apply by December 1, 2022.