Detailed Job Description
At the Rochester Institute of Technology invites applications from candidates in the area of Control/Robotics. Applicants must have a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or a closely related field. The candidate’s research must specialize in control / robotics, and must have published in refereed journals and conferences based on their Ph.D. dissertation and any subsequent research work. Candidates must have a strong aptitude and interest in undergraduate and graduate teaching; a strong potential for establishing and conducting sponsored research; excellent written and oral communication skills; and ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the university’s continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism and individual differences. Faculty responsibilities include teaching at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, establishing and conducting sponsored research programs, and providing service to the university and professional community.
We are seeking an individual who has the ability and interest in contributing to a community committed to Student Centeredness; Professional Development and Scholarship; Integrity and Ethics; Respect, Diversity and Pluralism; Innovation and Flexibility; and Teamwork and Collaboration. Select to view links to RIT’s core values, honor code, and statement of diversity.
Live our values, embrace diverse perspectives, and nurture the RIT community to remain a great place to work for all.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- PhD. in Electrical Engineering or a closely related field.
- Refereed journal and conference publications in the area of control/robotics.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Prior teaching experience.
- Potential for establishing and conducting sponsored research.
- Ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the college’s continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual differences.
How To Apply
Apply online at Job Search Welcome | Rochester Institute of Technology; search openings, then Keyword Search 7167BR. Please submit your application, curriculum vitae, cover letter addressing the listed qualifications and upload the following attachments:
- A brief teaching philosophy
- The names, addresses and phone numbers for three references
- Contribution to Diversity Statement
- Research Statement