DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Rochester Institute of Technology’s Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering invites applications and nominations for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of assistant, associate, or full professor depending upon experience and qualifications. Applicants with experience in additive/advanced manufacturing, artificial intelligence, or sustainable and resilient systems are particularly encouraged to apply. Applicants must have a Ph.D. degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or a closely related field.
We are seeking an individual who has the ability and interest in contributing to a community committed to student centeredness; professional development and scholarship; integrity and ethics; respect, diversity and pluralism; innovation and flexibility; and teamwork and collaboration. We are seeking individuals who are committed to RIT’s core values, honor code, and statement of diversity.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- PhD in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or a closely related engineering field
- A record of dissemination of scholarly research, with a preference for research involving additive/advanced manufacturing, artificial intelligence technologies with application to Industrial Engineering, and/or sustainable and resilient systems
- Potential to establish a successful externally sponsored research program
- Demonstrated potential for high quality teaching of courses in the department of Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the college’s continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual differences
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at Job Search Welcome | Rochester Institute of Technology; search openings, then Keyword Search 7238BR. Please submit your application, curriculum vitae, cover letter (should state whether the candidate wishes to be considered for an appointment at the rank of assistant, associate, or full professor) and upload the following attachments:
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Research Statement
- The vision statement should include the candidate’s plans for research, teaching philosophy, and experience and interest in cultural diversity
- The names, addresses and phone numbers for three references
- Contribution to Diversity Statement
Questions for the search committee regarding this position may be directed to Denis Cormier at email@example.com.