Assistant Professor of Instruction: Director, MS Program
in Biomedical Engineering at Northwestern University
Applicants are encouraged to apply by: May 1, 2017
Preferred start date: July 1, 2017
The MS Program in Biomedical Engineering at Northwestern University invites applications for the position of Director. The Director position is a part-time (75%) non-tenure-track faculty position at the level of Assistant Professor of Instruction. The Director sets program objectives and manages the day-to-day operations of the MS Program. Specific responsibilities include:
• Teach 3 courses per year, in areas such as experimental design, physiology, biomechanics, and/or instrumentation
• Develop relationships with industry to inform curriculum and recruiting targets
• Provide curriculum oversight and improvement, coordinate offerings with other departments, schedule courses
• Marketing, recruitment, and admissions
• Provide student services and advising on course and career options
• Manage program operations - maintain website, assure compliance with university policies, keep records of student placement
• Assist Director of Graduate Studies to coordinate with PhD offerings
The successful candidate will have a PhD in biomedical engineering or a related field, or an MS and several years of work experience related to biomedical engineering, and will be energetic, self-motivated, and organized.
Applicants should submit PDF versions of your CV and a cover letter with a statement of career goals, courses in biomedical engineering that you can teach, and a list of up to 5 references. The cover letter should be addressed to the Chair of the BME Search Committee. The link to apply can be found at http://www.mccormick.northwestern.edu/biomedical/job-opening/.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.