DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION:
The School for American Crafts and School of Art within the College of Art and Design at the Rochester Institute of Technology welcome applications for a tenure-track position in Metals and Jewelry Design. The appointment begins August 2023. The ideal candidate will be responsible for a full teaching load of courses for both BFA and MFA students.
The range of student experience in the Metals and Jewelry Design program requires that the candidate demonstrate a mastery of design techniques along with technical skills including welding, a range of fabrication methods, casting, forming, and other skills associated with contemporary jewelry design and incorporating digital technologies. In addition, the candidate will be expected to contribute to the program through critiques, portfolio reviews, and curricular design.
A successful candidate would be expected to:
• Teach courses in Metals and Jewelry Design to undergraduate, advanced undergraduate, and graduate levels (with a typical 2/3 teaching load prior to tenure and a 3/3 load following tenure);
• Develop courses and advance curriculum related to the candidate’s area(s) of specialty and contemporary technological advances and directions of the field;
• Pursue a scholarly research agenda resulting in peer-reviewed projects and publications;
• Engage in service activities in support of the School of Art, School for American Crafts, College of Art and Design, and RIT;
• Participate actively in the life of the university and the surrounding community.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- MFA in Metals, Jewelry, or a related field, in hand before August 1, 2023
- Experience and commitment to teach at the university level
- Professional practice in the field demonstrated through national exhibitions, peer-reviewed publications, relevant grants, and/or awards
- Ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the college’s continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual differences
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at Job Search Welcome | Rochester Institute of Technology; search openings, then Keyword Search 7354BR. Please submit your application; updated curriculum vitae, cover letter addressing the listed qualifications and upload the following attachments:
- A brief teaching philosophy
- The names, addresses and phone numbers for three references
- Contribution to Diversity Statement
You can contact Elizabeth Kronfield, the search committee chair, with questions on the position at: email@example.com.
Review of applications will begin November 30, 2022 and will continue until an acceptable candidate is found.