DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION:
RIT’s School of Communication invites applications for a tenure-track assistant professor position in communication to begin in August 2023. The candidate will have the opportunity to teach in the graduate and undergraduate programs in the school. We are open to different research specialties in communication, but candidates shall be able to conduct independent research.
An ideal candidate will teach courses in one or more of the following areas: social media strategy/analytics, health communication, AI and communication (broadly defined), digital storytelling, digital advertising, and media planning.
THE COLLEGE/ THE DEPARTMENT:
RIT’s School of Communication offers BS degrees in advertising & public relations, communication, and journalism and an MS degree in communication. The school has 26 full-time faculty members.
Our school is dedicated to outstanding teaching and individual attention to students. Our undergraduate and graduate curriculum emphasizes applied theory and practical knowledge with an interdisciplinary focus. Students can take cognate courses in the colleges of business, computing and information sciences, and art and design.
Faculty in the school conduct and publish research and creative works related to all forms of communication. The faculty can pursue professional interests in the broader Rochester region.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ph.D. in communication or a closely related field by August 2023
- Ability to conduct research in communication
- Demonstrated teaching ability as a standalone instructor or a graduate teaching assistant
- Ability to teach courses in one or more of the following areas: social media strategy/analytics, health communication, AI and communication, media planning, and digital storytelling/advertising.
- Ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the college’s continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual differences.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at Job Search Welcome | Rochester Institute of Technology; search openings, then Keyword Search 7312BR. Please submit your application, curriculum vitae, cover letter addressing the listed qualifications and upload the following attachments:
- A statement of teaching philosophy
- Recent teaching evaluations
- The names, addresses and phone numbers for three references
- Contribution to Diversity Statement