Arizona State University’s Office of Evaluation and Educational Effectiveness is seeking an Associate Director for Assessment . See the position description and application instructions below.
Under administrative direction, this senior management position is responsible for designing, leading, implementing, and/or evaluating institutional assessment initiatives, consulting on improving the quality of assessment practices and outcomes, providing training and developing assessment tools and resources, and contributing to a positive culture of assessment at ASU. This position reports to the Senior Director, University Office of Evaluation and Educational Effectiveness.
- Work closely with the Senior Director and other university officials in planning, overseeing, implementing, and evaluating ASU assessment processes and practices, including general education assessment, the HLC Quality Initiative and academic program assessment processes.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of effective assessment strategies, approaches, practices, and resources in order to support faculty and student success.
- Oversee administration of rubric-based scoring of student artifacts for general education assessment, including determining/developing rubrics, training/coaching of raters, verification of inter-rater reliability, analysis/interpretation of data, and reporting/presentation of results.
- Oversee the ongoing development and revision of the institution’s assessment website, tools, and resources.
- Serve as a resource and provides consultation on effective assessment practices, including valid and reliable assessment methods, analysis and interpretation of data, reporting on results, and use of data for program improvement.
- Provide feedback on assessment plans and reports, and guidance on using ASU’s Assessment Portal.
- Provide training, conducts presentations and workshops, and facilitates formal/informal information sharing around assessment approaches, tools, and outcomes.
- Prepare administrative reports, including assessment approaches, activities, outcomes, and next steps.
- Support a culture of assessment across the diverse range of offerings and disciplines at ASU.
- Stay abreast of national trends in higher education assessment, institutional effectiveness, and accreditation.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with university administrators, faculty, staff, and representatives of outside agencies.
- Assist with and plan, direct, and review the activities and operations of the department.
- Hire, train, coach, supervise, and evaluate assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND seven (7) years of related administrative experience, which includes four (4) years of supervisory experience; OR, Eleven (11) years of related administrative experience, which includes four (4) years of supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of a Master’s degree in a related field with research, evaluation, and/or assessment emphasis AND five (5) years of related administrative experience which includes three (3) years of supervisory experiences OR a Doctoral degree in a related field with research, evaluation, and/or assessment emphasis AND three years of related administrative experience, which includes three (3) years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated administrative, managerial, and/or supervisory experience in a higher education setting. Experience in supervising professional staff in a collaborative research, evaluation, and/or assessment setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in assessing student learning in a higher education setting, including advanced assessment systems, theories, practices, analytic techniques, and related current literature.
- Experience in leading the assessment of student learning outcomes, program evaluation, accreditation, and/or institutional effectiveness in a higher education setting.
- Experience in designing and launching assessment processes, practices, and tools.
- Experience in overseeing multiple, complex projects and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in designing, developing, coordinating, and evaluating programs.
- Experience in providing consultation to higher education administrators, faculty and staff on assessment projects, processes, and/or best practices.
- Experience in communicating complex information effectively (written/verbal form) to a variety of audiences, including university and external constituents.
- Experience in delivering presentations, workshops, instruction, and/or training in a professional setting.
- Experience in analyzing and summarizing quantitative and qualitative data in narrative and graphical/tabular formats.
- Experience in working collaboratively with individuals at multiple levels, in diverse roles, and with diverse perspectives.
- Evidence of strong computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, database software, presentation, email, and/or statistical software (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, SPSS).
Instructions to Apply
For additional information and to apply, please visit https://cfo.asu.edu/hr-applicant and search for Job ID#: 58899BR. The closing date for applications is February 21, 2020 at 3:00 pm Arizona time . Candidates must be eligible to work in the US. This department does not sponsor visas.