Postdoctoral Researcher Position in Biology Education
The Department of Biology at Texas State University (www.bio.txstate.edu) invites applications for a post-doc position to join the biology education research team led by Dr. Kristy Daniel. Primary responsibilities will include contributing to a research project exploring how people learn biology through visualizations supported by eye-tracking evidence. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to manuscript preparation, quantitative and qualitative data analysis, data collection, co-supervising graduate and undergraduate student researchers, and grant writing. There will be opportunities to co-teach courses in science communication, graduate seminars in scientific writing or science and society, field botany, and/or introductory biology upon desire. Post-docs are also encouraged to access the services and benefits afforded to all faculty at the university, including development opportunities in grant writing, research design, career preparation, teaching, and other topics of interest.
- • Ph.D. in STEM field with some experience in education research; or,
- • A bachelor’s or master’s degree STEM field with a Ph.D. in science education, biology education research, learning sciences, or equivalent areas
- • Evidence of publications in biology education research
- • Ability to work collaboratively with people from different disciplines and diverse backgrounds.
Preferred qualifications include: experience in quantitative and qualitative research methods, experience collecting eye-tracking data, familiarity with community science, tree-thinking, and/or representational competence, and a record of grant funding to support research.
Interested applicants should submit the following materials:
- Letter of application;
- Research statement;
- Current CV;
- Transcript of highest degree;
- PDFs of up to three relevant publications; and
- Contact information for three individuals willing to serve as references
This is a one-year (on-campus) appointment renewable for up to three years. Please submit applications directly to Dr. Kristy Daniel, firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-245-7208, Texas State University, 601 University Drive, San Marcos, TX 78666. For full consideration, all materials must be received by April 15, 2022. Interviews will be conducted in late April/early May via Zoom, with an anticipated starting date of September 1, 2022.
DEPARTMENT OF BIOLOGY
601 University Drive | San Marcos, Texas 78666
phone: 512.245.2178 | fax: 512.245.8713 | WWW.TXSTATE.EDU