The Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology (EBIO) at the University of Colorado Boulder is pleased to invite applications for a full-time one year lecturer position to develop and teach curricula primarily in our introductory courses with special consideration toward building a first year experience program for our majors and other students that we serve. We are especially interested in individuals with demonstrable teaching experience in innovative, evidence-based teaching practices in ecology and/or evolutionary biology. We seek someone who will enhance undergraduate scholarly endeavors, train students for careers in research and professional fields, create a more inclusive learning environment, communicate the significance of biology, and engage with communities beyond academia. Teaching responsibilities may include but are not limited to EBIO 1100 Biology and Society, EBIO 1010 Quantitative Thinking, EBIO 1250 Introduction to Ecology and Evolutionary Biology Research, and/or EBIO 1210/1220 General Biology.
- PhD in a relevant field of study that enhances the individual’s ability to support EBIO students’ transition to academic life at CU.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with undergraduates.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of first year initiatives, their purpose and approaches.
- Appropriate technical capabilities to support building foundational skills in EBIO as a discipline.
- Experience successfully managing and training others, especially college-age students.
- Excellent intercultural skills and knowledge of diversity and inclusion in undergraduate education.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Diversity & Inclusion Statement
- You will need to submit 3 references for this position. These individuals may be contacted at a later time and asked to submit a letter of recommendation as part of your application materials. This information will be kept confidential and viewable only by the search committee.
Review of applications will begin on July 8, 2019.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.