Requisition Number: 6627BR
School/Department: Visual Studies
College: National Technical Institute for the Deaf
Faculty Rank: Department Chair
Tenure Status: Tenured
Anticipated Start Date: 01-Jul-2022
View the complete job description online. Department Chair | Rochester Institute of Technology
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION:
Full-time, 9-month, academic leadership position with the option of a summer contract, as necessary. Reports to the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs and serves as a member of the Academic Affairs Chairpersons Cabinet. TERM appointed by the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs of NTID, in consultation with President and Dean of NTID with consensus of the VCS department faculty.
Provide innovative and strategic direction for the design, delivery and on-going evaluation of well articulated, state-of-the-art education programs, teaching, curricula and academic support services that facilitate the success of deaf and hard-of-hearing students. Delivery of programs should be designed to maximize enrollment and participation of students, including innovative technological approaches. Programs will be evaluated through Institute outcomes assessment and program assessment systems
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Terminal degree (Ph.D., Ed.D., MFA) in a relevant field and demonstrated special competence in the field in widely and professionally recognized ways.
- Prior experience teaching at the secondary or postsecondary level.
- Record of scholarship as defined in RIT Policy (E04.II.B) in graphic design, digital imaging, photography, printing, fine arts or related-fields with evidence of peer-reviewed dissemination.
- Demonstrated successful experience in curriculum development and program evaluation; record of effective academic instruction and professional contributions to the field.
- Demonstrated history of leadership.
- Senior faculty rank—Associate or Full Professor
- Fluency in American Sign Language (ASL) and familiarity with Deaf culture. Candidates who are not fluent in ASL must commence learning immediately (by enrolling in ASL courses) and be able to demonstrate proficiency within period specified in the letter of hire.
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to shared governance
- Demonstrated evidence of supporting the college’s continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual differences
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at Job Search Welcome | Rochester Institute of Technology search openings, then Keyword Search 6627BRBR. Please submit your application, curriculum vitae, cover letter addressing the listed qualifications and upload the following attachments:
- A brief teaching philosophy
- The names, addresses and phone numbers for three references