The Grainger College of Engineering seeks applicants for the position of Director of the Academy for Excellence in Engineering Education (AE3). Reporting to the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Programs, the Director, AE3 provides leadership and oversight for programs and activities of the Academy for Excellence in Engineering Education.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO .
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership for the college’s Strategic instructional innovations Program. This includes collaborating with faculty Education Innovation Fellows to determine the goals of the program, managing the process for selecting and supporting awardees, and developing metrics to assess program outcomes.
- Collaborate throughout the college to develop and implement new initiatives that align with the teaching mission of the college.
- Pursue and develop new initiatives with departments and college offices (e.g., Undergraduate and Graduate Programs units) that align with the teaching mission of the college.
- Manage and supervise AE3 professional and civil service staff, including delegating work, managing performance, and providing professional development.
- Meet regularly with faculty Education Innovation Fellows to plan and implement activities that support teaching excellence in the College.
- Oversee and coordinate special events, including the AE3 Distinguished Lecture and other seminars and workshops.
- Upon request, provide educational expertise in support of departmental teaching efforts.
- Oversee proctoring of the Computer-Based Testing Facility (CBTF), collaborating with the Program Specialist on staffing and key decision making, and collaborating with the faculty administrative group on CBTF goals and new directions.
- Manage a database of records of AE3 activity.
- Evaluate and manage the annual budget for all AE3 programs, including monitoring of staffing and program expenditures, and oversight of budgetary transactions including gift accounts.
- Perform other, related duties related to the objectives of AE3 and The Grainger College of Engineering.
- Master’s degree in Education, Engineering or a related field.
- Experience in assessment of teaching and faculty development.
- At least five years of experience in instructional development and teaching at the college level.
- Organization abilities, e.g., ability to prioritize and competently work within specific time frames.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience supervising professional staff, including delegating tasks and managing performance.
- Ph.D. in Education, Engineering or a related field.
- Office management and budgetary experience in an academic setting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize work.
- Understanding of the instructional environment within the University of Illinois as well as the organizational and functional working relationships within the Grainger College of Engineering.
The Director, AE3 position is a full-time, benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for three references by February 13, 2020. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Thurman Etchison, email@example.com, 217-300-2193.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.