The Collaborative for Advancing Learning and Teaching (the Collaborative) promotes and supports excellence in teaching and learning at UW-Madison. The Collaborative is seeking a new staff member to join a team of teaching and learning professionals dedicated to partnering with faculty to enhance instruction and student learning experiences.
The Instructional Consultant will work primarily with the Excel Initiative.The Excel Initiative is a course design and implementation initiative intended to help instructors apply evidence-based and learner-centered teaching practices to their courses. Excel supports the development of active learning and inclusive classroom environments by providing individualized support to instructors, instructional resources, and evidence-based approaches to course design and instruction. In addition to their work with Excel, this staff member may also be assigned to assist with projects in other areas of the Collaborative based on program needs and staff expertise.
- Experience facilitating professional development about teaching in higher education or K-12 setting
- Minimum 1 year of experience teaching courses in higher education or K-12 setting
- Experience planning, managing, and executing programs and projects
- Working knowledge of current teaching and learning literature
- Experience designing courses
- Knowledge of and experience with inclusive teaching practices
- Experience working with diverse groups of students, faculty, and/or staff
- Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment, and be part of a diverse team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects
- Familiarity with a variety of instructional technology tools including Learning Management Systems (e.g., Canvas)