Center for Teaching and Learning
Georgia Institute of Technology
Learning and Technology Specialist (Academic Professional)
The Learning and Technology Specialist works with faculty and schools to design, implement, and assess educational technologies for teaching and learning. The specialist also collaborates and contributes to other programs in the Center for Teaching and Learning including Faculty Development Initiatives, TA Development & Future Faculty Initiatives, and Learning & Technology Initiatives. The Center’s mission is to enhance the teaching and learning standard of excellence by fostering, recognizing, and rewarding a community of unparalleled teachers and learners through our commitment to faculty development, assessment, and support.
Responsibilities of this position include:
• Consult with faculty on pedagogical best practices for using various educational technologies in face-to-face, blended, and online learning environments.
• Partner with faculty to develop instructional strategies, course materials, and assessments to effectively integrate educational technologies in teaching and learning.
• Collaborate with faculty on grants to integrate learning technologies into course design, delivery, and assessment.
• Develop and lead workshops, seminars, and courses on the effective uses of technology in teaching and learning.
• Develop programs and resources that advance understanding, application, and implementation of emerging educational technologies in teaching and learning.
• Research, evaluate, and recommend instructional technologies that support teaching and learning.
• Collaborate with other campus units to select, implement, and evaluate new technologies for teaching and learning.
Qualifications for this position include:
• Earned doctorate plus minimum of 1-3 years of relevant academic experience.
• Demonstrated excellence in understanding and application of learning theory, evidence-based teaching techniques, and principles of instructional design.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience/skill in using learning management systems and platforms.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and work collaboratively in a team environment, as well as independently on projects.
• Experience in higher education teaching, instructional design, and assessment of teaching and learning.
• Excellent written, oral, and digital communication skills.
This non-tenure track academic faculty position will be appointed at the rank of academic professional and will be available 1 July 2017. Applications will be received until the position is filled. Review will start immediately. Apply here: Learning and Technology Specialist
About Georgia Tech:
The Georgia Institute of Technology is one of the nation's top research universities, distinguished by its commitment to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology. Georgia Tech's campus occupies 400 acres in the heart of the city of Atlanta, where more than 20,000 undergraduate and graduate students receive a focused, technologically based education. The Institute offers many nationally recognized, top-ranked programs. Undergraduate and graduate degrees are offered in the Colleges of Design, Engineering, Sciences, Computing, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts. Georgia Tech consistently ranks among the U.S. News & World Report’s top ten public universities in the United States. In a world that increasingly turns to technology for solutions, Georgia Tech is using innovative teaching and advanced research to define the technological university of the 21st century.
AN EQUAL EDUCATION/EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY INSTITUTION