DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION:
The new ASL Lecturer will:
- Teach ASL skills courses in the ASL/Interpreting programs
- Attend professional development activities
- Participate in communication development activities
- Serve the department, institute and the community as needed
We are seeking an individual who has the ability and interest in contributing to a community committed to student centeredness; professional development and scholarship; integrity and ethics; respect, diversity and pluralism; innovation and flexibility; and teamwork and collaboration. We are seeking individuals who are committed to RIT’s core values, honor code, and statement of diversity.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the college’s continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual differences.
- Master’s degree in an appropriate discipline related to the field of sign language and interpreting instruction or a relevant field (for example, Applied linguistics, cross-cultural communication, communication, curriculum and instruction)
- Knowledge of and skills in pedagogy and content of American Sign Language
- Demonstrated native-like proficiency in American Sign Language
- ASLTA certification or another national sign language teaching certification/ license will be obtained within one year from the starting date of employment.
- Teaching experience in a postsecondary setting
- MA/MS education level
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at Job Search Welcome | Rochester Institute of Technology; search openings, then keyword search 7289BR.
Please submit your application, curriculum vitae, cover letter addressing the listed qualifications and upload the following attachments:
- A brief teaching philosophy
- Reference letters from three people
- Documentation of American Sign Language Proficiency
- Contribution to Diversity Statement
You can contact the search committee with questions on the position at: firstname.lastname@example.org