Requisition Number: 6266BR
College: National Technical Institute for the Deaf
Faculty Rank: Lecturer
Tenure Status: Non-Tenure-Track
Anticipated Start Date: 03-January-2022
View the complete job description online.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION:
• Provide direct instruction or supplemental tutoring for Architecture and Civil Drafting Technology (AOS, AAS), and courses may include: Engineering Graphics, Civil Technology Graphics, Construction CAD 1-3 and Advanced Construction CAD, Construction Materials, Energy Modeling, Data Collection and Analysis, Principles of Structural Systems, Mechanical, Electrical, Piping (MEP) Systems, and/or Presentation Graphics.
• Support curriculum for existing programs and/or potential new programs for associate and bachelor degree levels.
• Promote partnerships with industry and other academic entities.
• Mentor and advise students.
• We are seeking an individual who has the ability and interest in contributing to a community committed to student centeredness, professional development and scholarship, integrity and ethics, respect, diversity, and pluralism, innovation and flexibility, and teamwork and collaboration.
We are seeking an individual who has the ability and interest in contributing to a community committed to student centeredness; professional development and scholarship; integrity and ethics; respect, diversity and pluralism; innovation and flexibility; and teamwork and collaboration. We are seeking individuals who are committed to RIT’s core values, honor code, and statement of diversity.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY:
Founded in 1829, Rochester Institute of Technology is a diverse and collaborative community of engaged, socially conscious, and intellectually curious minds. Through creativity and innovation, and an intentional blending of technology, the arts and design, we provide exceptional individuals with a wide range of academic opportunities, including a leading research program and an internationally recognized education for deaf and hard-of-hearing students. Beyond our main campus in Rochester, New York, RIT has international campuses in China, Croatia, Dubai, and Kosovo. And with more than 19,000 students and more than 125,000 graduates from all 50 states and over 100 nations, RIT is driving progress in industries and communities around the world. Find out more at www.rit.edu.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Master’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Engineering Technology, or Engineering Education, and at least 2 years or more of work experience in the architecture, engineering, and/or construction field.
• Demonstrated teaching experience, particularly with deaf and hard of hearing students.
• Proficient in American Sign Language.
• Ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the college’s continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual differences
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at Job Search Welcome | Rochester Institute of Technology and search openings, keyword 6266BR.
Please submit your application, curriculum vitae, cover letter addressing the listed qualifications and upload the following attachments:
• A brief teaching philosophy
• The names, addresses and phone numbers for three references
• Contribution to Diversity Statement
You can contact the search committee chair, James Fugate, with questions on the position at firstname.lastname@example.org
The hiring process for this position may require a criminal background check and/or motor vehicle records check. Any verbal or written offer made is contingent on satisfactory results, as determined by Human Resources. RIT does not discriminate. RIT promotes and values diversity, pluralism and inclusion in the work place. RIT provides equal opportunity to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, marital status, sex, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, veteran status or disability in its hiring, admissions, educational programs and activities. RIT provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities under the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the New York Human Rights Law, or similar applicable law. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to your application for employment at RIT, please contact the Human Resources office at 585-475-2424 or email your request to email@example.com.