DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) seeks applicants for a lecturer in the Humanities, Computing and Design program beginning in spring of 2022-2023 or fall of 2023-2024 academic year. This position will join a multi-and interdisciplinary faculty in a growing major. The selected candidate would be expected to teach 8 courses per year, with reductions due to agreed-upon administrative and student advising responsibilities. We are especially interested in candidates using digital technologies, platforms, computational methods and creative practices that cross disciplines and examine issues of contemporary, social importance in many forms and modalities.
We are seeking an individual who has the ability and interest in contributing to a community committed to student centeredness; professional development and scholarship; integrity and ethics; respect, diversity and pluralism; innovation and flexibility; and teamwork and collaboration. We are seeking individuals who are committed to RIT’s core values, honor code, and statement of diversity.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Have an advanced degree in Digital Humanities, Digital Media, or a related field in the Arts or Humanities prior to the position start date.
- Demonstrate effective teaching potential for a wide range of courses in the Humanities, Computing and Design curriculum as well as advanced elective courses, according to the candidate’s specialty.
- Demonstrate an interest in curricular design and assessment and experience in student advising.
- Willingness to work in a studio, lab or collaborative production space, on collaborative projects, and/or within collaborative programs.
- Demonstrate potential for administrative service to the program, particularly student advising and grant writing. Ideal candidate will have potential for authoring, winning and implementing grant support.
- Be able to contribute in meaningful ways to the college’s continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual differences and be committed to retention of underrepresented students and student-success initiatives.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at Job Search Welcome | Rochester Institute of Technology; search openings, then Keyword Search 7415BR. Please submit your application, curriculum vitae, cover letter addressing the listed qualifications and upload the following attachments:
- A brief teaching philosophy
- The names, addresses and phone numbers for three references
- Contribution to Diversity Statement
You can contact the search committee chair, Michael Laver (email@example.com) for additional information or with questions on the position.
For best consideration, complete applications must be received by December 2, 2022, although applications will be accepted until the position is filled.