DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) seeks applicants for an Environmental Studies lecturer in the Department of Science, Technology, and Society (STS) beginning in the fall of the 2023-2024 academic year. The department is seeking a teacher who can contribute to high-quality undergraduate education. The selected candidate would be expected to teach 8 courses per year and to participate in department and college meetings, events, select committees, and potential administrative service activities.
We are seeking an individual who has the ability and interest in contributing to a community committed to student centeredness; professional development and scholarship; integrity and ethics; respect, diversity and pluralism; innovation and flexibility; and teamwork and collaboration. We are seeking individuals who are committed to RIT’s core values, honor code, and statement of diversity.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Have an advanced degree in Science and Technology Studies, Environmental Humanities or Social Sciences, or a related field prior to the position start date.
- Demonstrate effective teaching potential for a range of courses in the STS environmental studies curriculum, including both core and advanced elective courses.
- Demonstrate an interest in environmental justice issues.
- Demonstrate potential for administrative service to the Department, such as program management and assessment or student advising.
- Demonstrate potential for service to the Institute and Community.
- Demonstrate an ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the college’s continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual differences.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at Job Search Welcome | Rochester Institute of Technology; search openings, then Keyword Search 7446BR. Please submit your application, curriculum vitae, cover letter addressing the listed qualifications and upload the following attachments:
- A brief teaching philosophy statement
- 1-2 syllabi of environmental courses taught or proposed
- Contact information for 3 references
- Contribution to Diversity Statement
You can contact the search committee chair, Dr. Jessica Pardee, at email@example.com for additional information or with questions on the position.
For best consideration, complete applications must be received by January 17, 2023, although applications will be accepted until the position is filled.