We’re excited to announce that we now support embedding CNC content on your local university web page! Our current content contains an overview of CIRTL and a list of upcoming cross-Network events:
The events will update automatically based on the data in the CNC. You are able to place the embedded content wherever you would like, as it will coexist with any content you may already have. We plan to offer customization options in the future, as detailed in the Upcoming Features section below.
- UTEP: http://www.utep.edu/faculty-development/Teaching-and-Learning/CIRTL.html
- UCLA: https://ceils.ucla.edu/cirtl-at-ucla/
- They have embedded the events in the bar on the right hand side. The CIRTL description block was hidden on their end with custom styles.
- UI: https://www.grad.uiowa.edu/cirtl
- The integration is under the “Programs & Events” tab.
- ISU: http://www.celt.iastate.edu/graduate-students-postdocs/cirtl/cirtl-upcoming-programs
- UBC: http://cirtl.ubc.ca/, http://cirtl.ubc.ca/get-involved/cirtl-central-events/
Our goal is to provide you a set of customization options to tailor the embedded content to exactly what you want. Take a look at our designs to get an idea of what we’re planning: https://invis.io/CABD4S2G9#/245433539_Local-Int__wiz___Choose--default
If you have a website administrator, this will be the information that they need to get everything up and running. Otherwise, if you’re not sure how to proceed or you need any help, contact James at firstname.lastname@example.org
The installation process should be compatible with most Content Management Systems (CMS), but you will need the ability to edit the page’s source code directly. All of our styles are scoped to ensure we do not interfere with your university styles.
On the page you wish to add the embedded CNC content, you will need to:
- Add a
<div id="cnc-local-site"></div>tag where you would like the content to appear.
- Add our CSS link of
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://s3.amazonaws.com/cnc-local-site-prod/cnc-local-site.css">to the page.
- Add our script on the same page that you added the
That’s it! Once you have your web page up and running, please share a link with us at email@example.com - we’re excited to see all of the new integrations!