NIST Coordinator/Assistant Position Weekly work from 10-15 hours/week Preferred Availability: 8-12 months
$50 per hour
The Executive Committee of the National Institute on Scientific Teaching is seeking a part-time coordinator/assistant to support the activities of the organization. It is an administrative role that helps the officers of the organization plan, execute, and monitor organization-wide activities.
As our Coordinator, you will work remotely with members of the Executive Committee as well as members of the NIST Community to raise public awareness of our organization through online and offline channels, and support an array of NIST programs. This means that you get to:
● promote and support NIST with various social media channels and through other advertising.
● assist with planning and execution of NIST workshops/meetings.
● use Wix Website Builder to update NIST website content to match requested text, imagery, and functionality.
● use MailChimp with a template to enter content into Newsletters and email campaigns.
● use Canvas LMS to assist in the preparation of materials for assorted workshops.
● use standard office software to create print and/or electronic documents, brochures, etc.
● solicit specific content from members of the NIST Community when needed.
● assist with planning and execution of FALCoN (Happy Hours).
● assist with the SLACK channel (uploading content).
● assist with other duties as needed.
This job might be for you if:
● You have 1-3 years of communications experience – creating and implementing strategies and developing online content. A bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing or PR is preferred.
● You have graphic design skills and enjoy the creative process in developing marketing or PR documents.
● You’re a communications wonder! You can crank out a press release, Facebook update or newsletter article without even trying. You’re willing to share your ideas with others.
● You have the ability to collaborate with several teams at once, and you have no problem managing multiple initiatives simultaneously.
● Computers do what you say. You are confident with the office suite, website content management, email marketing and social media applications.
● You are excited about the prospect of being the first person in a newly designed role, working with an evolving organization with many moving parts.
● You have a track record of effectively working independently, and you can set boundaries where needed and ask questions when you get stuck.
Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter to nationalinstituteonST@gmail.com.