Postdoctoral Scholar (Academic Professional) Two-year Appointment
Atlanta, Georgia, United States Full-time
The Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) at Georgia Institute of Technology is seeking a postdoctoral scholar to contribute to the Center’s Faculty Development and Preparing Future Faculty Initiatives. The Center’s mission is to promote and support an on-campus and online instructional community where excellence in teaching and learning is valued and where educators engage in evidence-based, state-of-the-art practices that foster opportunities in which diverse students and instructors can thrive. The Postdoctoral Scholar position offers many exciting opportunities for career development and the ability for the candidate to apply and develop expertise in a wide range of programs and activities.
Duties for this position include:
• Contributing to the success of the Center’s faculty and preparing future faculty programs and
• Facilitating or co-facilitating faculty learning communities, conducting classroom observations for
future and early career faculty, teaching or co-teaching a CTL course, and designing and delivering
• Contributing to the Center’s new hub-and-spoke model that connects the expertise of evidencebased
teaching and learning professionals in the Center for Teaching and Learning with the expertise
of disciplinary faculty in each college/school.
• Contributing to online resources of pedagogical best practices that will enable faculty and teaching
assistants to enhance the learning environment for their students.
• Collecting, analyzing, and disseminating research data on teaching and learning.
• Exploring disciplinary-based educational research to improve teaching and learning.
• Completing other center-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications for this position include:
• PhD completed
• Familiarity with the literature on evidence-based teaching and learning techniques
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, the ability to work independently and as part of a
team, and experience collaborating with diverse stakeholders
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills for managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Those with any of the following experience are particularly encouraged to apply:
o Work in a center for teaching and learning
o Participation in a program for preparing future faculty
o Experience with creating and delivering online materials
o PhD in STEM discipline and/or experience working with STEM disciplines
o Two or more semesters of college teaching as an instructor of record
This fully-benefited, 40-hour per week two-year appointment will begin August 1, 2019.
Applications will be received until the position is filled. Review will start immediately. To apply, please upload one pdf document
containing a letter of application, curriculum vita, and contact information for three references.
The Georgia Institute of Technology is one of the nation’s top research universities, distinguished by its
commitment to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology. Georgia
Tech’s campus occupies 400 acres in the heart of the city of Atlanta, where it provides a technologicallybased education to more that 22,000 on-campus students and more than 11,000 online students.
The Institute offers many nationally recognized, top-ranked programs. Undergraduate and graduate
degrees are offered in the Colleges of Design, Engineering, Sciences, Computing, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts. Georgia Tech consistently ranks among the U.S.
News & World Report’s top ten public universities in the United States. In a world that increasingly turns
to technology for solutions, Georgia Tech is using innovative teaching and advanced research to define
the technological university of the 21st century.
AN EQUAL EDUCATION/EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY INSTITUTION