Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Program Development Specialist for Learning Centers. This position reports directly to the Senior Director of the Learning Centers. The Program Development Specialist manages all aspects of peer leader training and professional development.This position is responsible for the design, development, delivery and coordination of the Learning Centers’ academic peer leader training and professional development programs across the New Brunswick Campuses and online. The Program Development Specialist is also responsible for the overall management of these programs, including design and development of workshops, supervision of student and part-time staff, observations and mentoring, and coordination with other academic support units.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
• Recruits,hires,coordinates, and supervises part-time and student staff, workshop presenters from other units, and advanced peer leaders to provide job training and professional development for student, part-time, and full-time staff.
• Expands and develops programs for all positions within the Learning Centers, as well as for campus partners.
• Develops curricular and training materials, for both online and in-person delivery, and increase visibility of the Learning Centers’ services to the university community.
• Develops appropriate assessment and tracking strategies and implement best practices in training and professional development.
• Works collaboratively with all of the Learning Center Directors and other instructional and academic support staff to develop and enhance a cohesive program of academic support across the New Brunswick Campus.
• Works with the Senior Director to develop funding proposals to support these initiatives.
More details about the position can be found here: https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/112101.