DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Rochester Institute of Technology seeks a dynamic leader to serve as the Program Director of the Biomedical Sciences BS program, one of nine degree programs in the College of Health Sciences and Technology. The faculty of the Biomedical Sciences program are engaged teachers and researchers, preparing students for medical school, graduate programs, and research careers in the biosciences.
As the administrator of the Biomedical Sciences program, reporting to the Department Head of Medical Sciences, Health, and Management, the program director will oversee long-term development of the program, ensure that scheduled courses enable students to meet learning outcomes, oversee program assessment, make recommendations regarding curriculum and program goals, support the faculty through annual performance reviews of teaching, service, and scholarship, and mentor junior faculty through the tenure/promotion process. They will publicize the program and coordinate with campus partners to recruit students and conduct community outreach activities, explore articulation agreements with graduate and professional programs, guide students with respect to program requirements and other curricular issues, and maintain connections with alumni. This is a nine month appointment with additional summer stipend available.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- An earned doctoral degree (MD, PhD, or similar qualification) in an area of Medicine or the Biomedical Sciences that pertain to the human body.
- 3 years of administrative leadership experience (academic, industry, etc.) in a related field.
- 3 years of college teaching experience at the graduate or undergraduate level in a related field.
- Ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the college’s continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual differences.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at Job Search Welcome | Rochester Institute of Technology; search openings, then Keyword Search 7395BR. Please submit your application, curriculum vitae, cover letter addressing the listed qualifications and upload the following attachments:
- A brief teaching philosophy
- The names, addresses and phone numbers for three references
- Contribution to Diversity Statement