We seek to fill a full-time Research Associate (“post-doctoral” researcher-level) position starting Summer 2020 to work on the Teaching Quality Framework (TQF) Initiative, an institution-wide educational transformation project in the Center for STEM Learning at the University of Colorado (CU) Boulder. This position will also work closely with the CU College of Engineering & Applied Science (CEAS). The overall project seeks to create a process and tools for the systemic transformation of the departmental evaluation of teaching. Eighteen departments/units across three colleges are currently engaged in this process, and the project is expanding to work with all departments in CEAS. While this position will largely be focused on supporting the engagement of CEAS departments, the successful candidate will collaborate with a broad group of engaging and nationally renowned faculty, post-docs, and graduate students across multiple STEM and non-STEM departments at CU. There will also be some opportunities for dissemination through research and publication.
- Facilitate faculty working groups (“Departmental Action Teams” or “DATs”) in CEAS. This includes but is not limited to: running working group meetings, supporting faculty and departments in the change process by helping identify tools and assessments to improve teaching and learning measures in multiple disciplines, and coordinating meeting logistics.
- Work with the TQF project team to promote and facilitate campus-wide conversations around educational transformation efforts.
- Work with the TQF project team to identify and implement both quantitative and qualitative assessments to measure the effectiveness of the TQF Initiative and contribute to the institutional and national knowledge base around educational transformation.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current CV.
- A statement of interest/extended cover letter that addresses the qualifications set forth in “What We Require” and “What We Would Like You to Have” above.
- During the search process, you may be ask to provide contact information for three references.