Research Project Director
Full Time RegularProfessional
7 days agoRequisition ID: 1105
Position Overview: The Research Project Director for Strategic Development develops, directs and manages multiple research and evaluation projects and teams to create, write and submit proposals for business development, under the direction of the Chief Academic Officer as part of the Strategic and Institutional Development department within the Professional Services Sector Team. This position is responsible for research grant proposal development, grant program direction; interfacing with external clients and leading collaborative working teams to complete tasks and writing grant reports.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Funded Research Activities. Serves as team lead/project director (and Co-PI, if qualified) on multiple research grants and evaluation projects at one time.
** Oversees project timetables and deliverables.
** Maintains and updates record of evaluation project database and document library.
** Evaluates and analyzes data.
** Writes reports on findings.
- Business Development. Teams to conceptualize, create, write and submit grant proposals to renew current contracts/grants and win new contracts/grants, funded by government agencies, foundations or industry.
- Strategic Initiatives. Serves as the project director for Professional Services Sector’s strategic planning activities and timelines.
- Information Gathering. Serves as the lead on information gathering tools/processes, including surveys.
- Supports other departments internally by clarifying research objectives and serving on project/program teams.
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Education / Experience:
- Research Project Director: Ph.D. with 1-3 years of experience, including working with clients and designing studies (or parts).
- At least 1 year of experience working with clients and designing studies or parts of studies.
- Possesses experience in analysis and data collection and performs quantitative and qualitative research activities.
- Previous work in education evaluation or research, particularly in STEM Education preferred.
- Familiarity with higher education issues (preferred).
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- Able to direct projects with multiple timelines
- Ability to analyze large volume of quantitative and qualitative data and write reports
- Good analysis and synthesis skills
- Ability to work alone or on a team
- Ability to lead others work on research deliverables, data collection and analysis tasks
- Ability to give direction to others on specific tasks
- Ability to accept direction from others
- Ability to take direction from multiple people.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing skills
- Good presentation skills/ability to do external presentations
- Ability to write sections of proposals
- Professional self-starter, able to work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to project a professional image and strong business acumen during professional interactions.
- Must be extremely organized and have great follow-up skills.
- Ability to prioritize ever-changing priorities.
Read more at Recruitment