Requisition Number: 6335BR
School/Department: NTID/ ASL and Interpreting Education Department
College : National Technical Institute for the Deaf
Faculty Rank : Visiting Lecturer
Tenure Status: Non-Tenure Track
Anticipated Start Date: 03-January-2022
View the complete job description online.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION:
This is a Non-Tenure Track Visiting Lecturer position reviewed annually up to three years.
- Participate in NTID Faculty Fellowship (NFF) program
- Teach interpreting skills courses in the ASL/Interpreting programs
- Attend professional development activities
- Participate in communication development activities
- Serve the department, institute and the community as needed
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY:
Founded in 1829, Rochester Institute of Technology is a diverse and collaborative community of engaged, socially conscious, and intellectually curious minds. Through creativity and innovation, and an intentional blending of technology, the arts and design, we provide exceptional individuals with a wide range of academic opportunities, including a leading research program and an internationally recognized education for deaf and hard-of-hearing students. Beyond our main campus in Rochester, New York, RIT has international campuses in China, Croatia, Dubai, and Kosovo. And with more than 19,000 students and more than 125,000 graduates from all 50 states and over 100 nations, RIT is driving progress in industries and communities around the world. Find out more at www.rit.edu.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the college’s continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual differences.
- Earned Master’s degree in an appropriate discipline related to the field of sign language and interpreting instruction or a relevant field (for example, Applied linguistics, cross-culture communication, communication, curriculum and instruction)
- Knowledge of and skills in pedagogy and content of interpreting
- Demonstrated native-like proficiency in American Sign Language
- RID certification or another national interpreting certification
- Teaching experience in a postsecondary setting
HOW TO APPLY: Apply online at Job Search Welcome | Rochester Institute of Technology search openings, then Keyword Search 6335BR.
Please submit your application, curriculum vitae or resume, three letters of references, cover letter addressing the listed qualifications and upload the following attachments:
- A brief teaching philosophy
- The names, addresses and phone numbers for three references
- Documentation of American Sign Language Proficiency
- Contribution to Diversity Statement
You can contact the ASLIE Department Chair, Dr. Keith M. Cagle with questions on the position at: email@example.com