DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION:
The NTID Visual Communications Studies Department at RIT is seeking to fill a full-time 9-month Visiting Lecturer position with an individual whose particular strengths are focused in still and motion, 2D and 3D graphic design, and who can work collaboratively with other faculty to achieve VCS’ defined goals and outcomes. Instructional responsibilities include teaching and tutoring students in VCS programs as well as deaf and hard-of-hearing students supported by NTID in RIT’s College of Art & Design (CAD) bachelor’s degree programs. Additional responsibilities include; proficiency in ASL and knowledge of Deaf culture, curriculum development, service to the Institute and Department, and continuing professional development.
We are seeking an individual who has the ability and interest in contributing to a community committed to student centeredness; professional development and scholarship; integrity and ethics; respect, diversity and pluralism; innovation and flexibility; and teamwork and collaboration. We are seeking individuals who are committed to RIT’s core values, honor code, and statement of diversity.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• BFA degree in graphic design, digital media or a relevant field and expertise in using associated software, hardware, materials and processes used to create deliverables.
• Fluency in American Sign Language (ASL) and familiarity with Deaf culture. Candidates who are not fluent in ASL must commence learning immediately (by enrolling in ASL courses) and be able to demonstrate proficiency within the period specified in the letter of hire.
• Evidence of experience working a minimum of two years in post-secondary classrooms, including serving as an instructor of record or as a teaching assistant.
• Ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the college’s continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual differences.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at Job Search Welcome | Rochester Institute of Technology; search openings, then Keyword Search 7156BR. Please submit your application, curriculum vitae, cover letter addressing the listed qualifications and upload the following attachments:
- A brief teaching philosophy
- The names, addresses and phone numbers for three references
- Portfolio of Work
- Contribution to Diversity Statement