The NTID Information & Computing Studies Department at RIT is seeking to fill a full-time 9-month visiting lecturer position with an individual whose particular strengths are focus in computer hardware, programming, Internet of Things, database and who can work collaboratively with other faculty to achieve ICS’ defined goals and outcomes. Instructional responsibilities include teaching and tutoring students in ICS programs as well as deaf and hard-of-hearing students supported by NTID in RIT’s Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences’ bachelor’s degree programs. Additional responsibilities include; curriculum development, service to the Institute and Department, continuing professional development and scholarship activities.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s degree in computer engineering, information technology, computer science or related fields
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience related to IT, programming, and database.
- At least one year of teaching experience with deaf and hard of hearing students
- Proficient in American Sign Language and deaf culture.
- Ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the college’s continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism and individual differences.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at Job Search Welcome | Rochester Institute of Technology search openings, then Keyword Search 6900BR. Please submit your application, curriculum vitae, cover letter addressing the listed qualifications and upload the following attachments:
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- The names, addresses and phone numbers for three references
- Contribution to Diversity Statement
You can contact the department chair, Brian Trager with questions on the position at firstname.lastname@example.org